Friday, April 15, 2016
Friday, April 01, 2016
The Islands of the Bahamas is giving away 16 destination weddings in 16 exotic locations at 1600 hours, on November 16, 2016.
Entering is easy. All you have to do is select an island location in The Islands of The Bahamas and upload a short video and/ or photograph of you and your spouse along with a description of your dream Bahamian destination wedding and why you should be selected to win no later than May 16th, 2016. Creatively incorporate something indigenous to that island location using the suggested themes.
A panel of judges will select a group of 20 semi-finalists. The semi-finalists will be notified and their submissions will be placed on a microsite for the public to vote for the most creative entries. The voting deadline is June 10th, 2016.
The 16 prizes available to be won are valued at approximately $12,000 each and consist of round trip airfare for two to the Bahamas, 6 days/5 nights accommodations including a wedding package.
Visit www.bahamas16weddings.com to submit your entry.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
|Hacienda Tres Rios Resort Spa and Nature Park|
- Located in the Riviera Maya
- It’s the only environmentally responsible luxury resort that offers select access to the Tres Ríos Nature Park in the Riviera Maya through their All Inclusive Plan
- A romantic secluded location only 45 minutes from Cancun airport
- 4 event locations to choose—from beachside romance to nature lovers paradise
- Choice of ceremony styles including legal, symbolic and Mayan
- Wedding and bridal party salon services available on location
- Honeymoon packages include spoiling’s such as bottles of house wine, in room sweet-basket deliveries, and incense/essential oils
- Hacienda Tres Rios is a leader in sustainable tourism development, focusing all its actions towards the responsible use of resources, the preservation of local ecosystems, the operation of good environmental practices, the creation of high quality experiences for visitors, and the establishment of its social responsibility.
- Nature Park activities include bike, snorkelling, kayak, nursery and Hobie Cat tours
- Environmental Supervision Team on staff to look after resort waste management, environmental education, plant and wildlife management.
- Located in Playa Del Carmen along the Riviera Maya
- Includes 3 sections of inclusive resort – family section, Select Club Adults Only, Royal Elite
- Provides a very local and authentic Mexican experience for those interested in Mexican culture
- Weddings allow guests to immerse themselves in the jungles, culture and beaches of Mexico’s Riviera Maya at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa.
- Gorgeous natural scenery for a tropical wedding experience
- Green Wedding features include;
- Resort is located amoung dense jungle and mangrove forests
- Cenotes are beautifully preserved and cared for, as the rest of the property
- Resort thrives on highlighting the natural surroundings
- Innovative in how they preserve communities local resources
- Committed to reducing the impact of the resort’s daily activities
- Various recycling programs used, as well as information to raise awareness with workers, visitors, suppliers and the local community.
- Resort staff works to improve the lives of local school kids in the Playa del Carmen area by suggesting visitors to bring school supplies on their vacation
- Located 15 minutes South of Puerto Vallarta
- Smaller and more intimate resort
- Located on one the most exclusive beaches in the Bay of Bandera’s and is only accessible by boat
- Best for winter and spring weddings (closed July-September due to extreme heat)
- Eight casitas built for each couple to enjoy an perfect ocean view
- Resort run by solar energy and completely void of television and modern conveniences for a more authentic retreat experience
- Resort highlights the use of composting organic materials to enrich garden soils and decrease the need for extra watering
- Features an ecological 3-tiered sewer system that releases clean water for garden.
- Resort built with local materials and through the employment of local craftsmen
- All resort décor is locally sourced.
- Employees come from the immediate community and no less than 50% comes from the indigenous community of Chacala.
- Uses plants on the property that are native to the region, requiring the use of less water.
- Garden features 22 different fruits and vegetables
- Food bought locally such as from local fishermen, ensuring not only the freshness of food but support for the local economy
- Majahuitas is the perfect place to host an intimate destination wedding for your closest friends and family.
- The ceremony is performed just steps away from the waves at sunset time, followed by a beautiful beach reception
- Coordination staff to work with couple every step of the way to make sure everything runs perfectly the day of and days leading up
- Staff creative and flexible to making day just as imagined
- All ceremonies are symbolical, perfect for a couple who has eloped and would like family to join for the celebration
- Can host up to 120 guests
- Located centrally in the Maya civilization in jungle area/private 365-acre nature reserve
- Recognized as one of the Caribbean region’s best sustainable, Green tourist resort
- Includes destination wedding and honeymoon packages
- Perfect for an authentic in-jungle experience
- Rainforest wedding day with very affordable packages to chose from
- Choose from 3 intimate all-inclusive destination wedding packages including highlights like horseback riding, romantic sunset canoe trip and couples massages
- All inclusive honeymoon packages from 3-5 nights for more adventurous couples; activities including canoe trips down the Macal River, exploring Belize, and discovering ancient city sites
- Chaa Creek is highly involved in their community by continuously offering assistance to local schools, training centres, sporting teams, conservation projects etc.
- Philosophy includes a “give-back” mentality where the resort is committed to maintaining a steward-like relationship with their surrounding environment
- Partners with local conservation projects that centre on preserving wildlife
- Kitchen and organic waste is later used as fertilizer for the garden
- Restaurant leftover given to local farmer as pig feed
Saturday, February 20, 2016
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Melia Nassau Beach all-inclusive resort has entered phase two of its $19 million dollar renovation and, as a result, has new features and offerings in store for 2016.
The enhancements to the 694-guestroom resort includes new kids club services, resort-wide complimentary wi-fi and food and beverage enhancements.
Among the enhancements include:
· The newly-opened O’Grille restaurant, a beachside eatery that serves Caribbean dishes made with authentic, locally sourced ingredients.
· The property’s tapas lounge Estavida has expanded its list of premium wine selections.
· A la carte healthy dining menu and expanded wine list available at the property’s Black Angus Steakhouse.
· Enhanced VIP services, including exclusive buffet breakfasts at O’Grille, the property’s beachfront restaurant.
· Extended hours at The Kids and Co kid’s club.
· The property’s two outdoor hot tubs have been revamped and reopened.
· Check-out has been extended an additional hour, from 11 A.M. to Noon.
Visit www.romanticplanet.ca for more details on how to book your destination wedding or honeymoon at this perfect locale!
Friday, February 05, 2016
|Souvenir shopping in Playa Del Carmen|
|Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Spa|
|Divi Resort All-Inclusive|
Aruba is renowned for it's gorgeous beaches, neat architecture and dutch culture. Although it has the furthest flights from Canada to the Caribbean, it's worth the extra 30 to 60 minutes ride.
Nassau is definitely a hustle and bustle destination with loads of things to see and do. It's considered America's playground since its so close to Florida and offers casinos, shopping, cruise ports, etc. We love the Melia Nassau Beach for all-inclusive destination wedding groups here. It's quoting around $2200 pp. For the honeymoon, we would send you off to one of the Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma, just a short island hop flight away, for that adult-only, spoil yourself luxury that you deserve.
|Rodney Bay Village, St. Lucia|
Rodney Bay Village is the happening place for locals and tourists alike and where you can get off-property to explore a little more of island life. The best situated all-inclusive destination wedding resort here is the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. The beach itself is expansive, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff are ultra-friendly. It generally prices out at around $3000 per person from Canada all-inclusive.
The Sonesta Maho Beach is located in the heart of Maho Village and the entertainment hub of St. Martin/St. Maarten with duty-free shopping, casinos and nightlife at your doorstep. It's competitively priced at around $2000 per person. A further recommendation is to move up to the luxurious Sonesta Ocean Point next door for the adult-only honeymoon afterwards.
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Brides and grooms will have the opportunity to learn about planning a destination wedding from the legal requirements to choosing the perfect destination. They will also have the chance to meet with wedding planners from around the world, hoteliers, airlines, tour operators, photographers, bridal shops specializing in destination weddings, unique invitation printing companies and many more suppliers.
SOURCE: Romance Travel Show: a subsidiary of Big World Travel Marketing Group and partner to Romantic Planet Vacations.